"large" Geletin Bubble Princess Carriage

Decorating By cownsj Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 3:09am by labmom

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 2

I don't know if anyone has tried doing larger geletin bubbles, so I wanted to let you know that they can be done. We recently made a geletin bubble that was approx. 71/2 inches high by about 5 1/2 inches wide. We added fondant accents to it and made it into a Princess Carriage. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1977784

It took 3 coats of geletin to get it thick enough to hold up. We did two (regular size) balloons, one with 2 coats and the other with 3. The one with 2 coats split right up the side because it just wasn't thick enough at this size. If we had had time, we would have made a couple more to be on the safe side, and added a little more purple to the geletin to get it a bit more clear. To dry we did have to hang it upside down, so the opening is at the top, but you can see we were easily able to disguise that.

Hopefully our next large bubble will be better, but I don't think this is too bad for a first attempt at making a large one.

1 reply
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:09am
post #2 of 2

That is so great I have seen this used in bows but never in bubbles I have a cake due in june that has a bubble theme. I would only need small bubbles but if you could tell me how to do this or where I can find out I would be so thankfull.

I always find such awsome things on here.. I am becoming adicted!

Hope to hear from you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%