Bubbles In My Buttercream On A Dummy!

Decorating By j0z1e Updated 2 Apr 2011 , 6:18am by j0z1e

j0z1e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j0z1e Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 5

Anybody know why this is happening? I'm going crazy and these cakes are for a competition I'm entering as a beginner. I'm about 2 minutes from scraping it all and telling them to just keep my entrant fee, grrrrrrr!

I've poked the holes with toothpicks and tried to coax the air out but they just keep coming back. I covered my dummies with press and seal really well and it's just all going to "you know where" in a handbasket! If anyone has any tips, hints, tricks, or advice I'm open to any and all ideas! Thank you

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 1:39am
post #2 of 5

Are they big blowout bubbles from underneath the icing, or is your icing just airy to begin with?

j0z1e Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 2:54am
post #3 of 5

Blowout type bubbles. I scraped the icing off, I'm redoing it now. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, otherwise I just simply don't have enough time to finish it. Thanks for replying

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 3:55am
post #4 of 5

Sounds like it might not be sticking well to the press and seal. If you aren't having much luck after round 2, you might want to try it without the wrap and apply the icing directly to the dummy.

j0z1e Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 6:18am
post #5 of 5

I did just that actually and it worked out this time. Thank you for your advice CWR41 ^_^

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%