Questions About Bc

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 1:06am by mommynana

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 3

I got my bc all smoothed out (in like, an hour!) and ready for the fondant but then a few questions/problems arose...

1) the crusted bc was hard so when I put the fondant on it looked....weird. Was my fondant too thin? Does it need to be more than 1/8" thick for it to not look so harsh?

2) the fondant wouldn't stick! How do I get it to stick to bc that is crusted?

3) what tip do you use to get the bc on the cake? I've seen it put on using this HUGE tip....what is it?? I'd like to try it.

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks!!

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:41am
post #2 of 3

I always make my fondant about 1/4" or even 3/8" thick so it will lie smoother. If it won't stick to the bc you have underneath it, mist the bc with a little water before you put the fondant on. I generally use a spatula to crumbcoat my cakes, but Wilton makes a large icing tip (I'm sorry to say I can't remember the number) that has a wide, flat opening. If I remember correctly, it's smooth on one side and serrated on the other. You can cover your cake in just a few strokes if you use this tip, along with a rotating cake base. After that you can use a large spatula or a bench scraper to smooth it.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:06am
post #3 of 3

I think its 789

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%