4 Gram Luster And Petal Dust Bottles???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 1:44pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Cakers!

How in the heck do I open these small bottles of dust. I am hoping others have these same small bottles of dusts. They are from J e s t e r's. Bought them at f o n d a n t s o u r c e .com I cannot for the life of me get these small tubs to open?!?!?!?!?! They will not screw off or pop off without breaking my fingers!

Thanks,
Michael

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 5
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 5

Aren't those little jars just supremely irritating?!? I use an old-fashioned bottle opener - the kind you would use on a beer bottle or glass soda bottle. It looks kinda like a squashed circle on the end of a handle with a couple of tabs on either side of the handle. If you shop around, there is a smaller sized opener that perfectly fits those dratted little jars. A couple of suppliers used to sell them in the smaller size for the petal dust jars, but I didn't see them when I just did a quick search. Think I found my small one at a dollar-type store, but I can use one side of my regular opener to pop the lid if I hold my mouth just right LOL. I actually had a batch of small clear jars with screw lids to transfer my dusts into once I managed to get them open.

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 5

I know what you mean!!! Such a poor design. I also finally figured out to use the old fashioned bottle opener. Works like a charm.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 5

How smart!!! Old fashion bottle opener!!! Gonna run to Wal-mart...

=)

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%