Frilly Flowers

Decorating By rockshell Updated 2 Apr 2011 , 9:00pm by VickiG

rockshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockshell Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 10:17am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know how to make these flowers?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-LxF3mbqW4/TFvVCf91ZZI/AAAAAAAAADQ/pa8F39grLLA/s1600/D30_2250.jpg

also are these the same as the ones on the front cover of the book "Cakes for Romantic Occasions" by May Clee-Cadman

Thanks

7 replies
KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 11:17am
post #2 of 8

I love these flowers. It looks like three different size flower cutters, frilled and placed on top of each other.

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 11:33am
post #3 of 8

I agree with KK and then a small ball of paste for the midde, easy but effective!

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 8

No, it isn't the same as the flowers on the front of May Clee Cadman's book, she uses 13 single rose petal cutters for each of those flowers. You could do a similar thing with the five petal cutter used here though - use different sizes and layer them up a suggested

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 8

They look just like the flowers on that book. But, again, just use the 5 petal cutter , make 3-4 rows of them , and the center. You won,t be able to tell the difference.hth

rockshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockshell Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 6:18am
post #6 of 8

Thanks.

I prefer the May Clee-Cadman but couldn't really tell from the picture how to make them and I can't get my hands on the book in time.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 8

May uses metal rose petal cutters - she cuts 13 altogether - 9 large and 4 small. She softens and frill the edges with a dog bone tool, on a foam pad. she then damps the base of each petal and starts to layer them up in a shallow flower former starting with the large petals, until they are all stuck togehter. She separates the petals with pieces of foam tp keep the frilly shape. Sticks them on the cakes in clusters icon_smile.gifthumbsdown.gif hth

VickiG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiG Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 8

I think this was definitely made with a 5 petal rose cutter... without overlapping the petals.... possibly using 3 different sizes but not sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%