Wedding Cake Given As A Gift, Couple Is Horrible.....

Decorating By labmom Updated 12 May 2011 , 11:15am by ayerim979

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:38pm
post #61 of 69

I'm glad that everything is falling into place for you. Saving money is nice.

I'm sorry to hear about your partner's husband.

-Debbie B.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:44pm
post #62 of 69

Let us know how things go, and don't forget to post your cake photos. You know how we all love to look at beautiful cakes.

-Debbie B.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:25pm
post #63 of 69

I'd put my foot down on the groom wnting to taste 6 more flavors - or if he still insists telling him it will cost an additional $5 per flavor beyond the two he has already sampled! Good grief! Good luck!

SweetcakesCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetcakesCT Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:43pm
post #64 of 69

I agree with Christeeena. 6 flavors? Doesn't this groom know what flavors he likes? Sheesh

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 3 May 2011 , 9:52pm
post #65 of 69

Hi,
I agree with you. I mentioned to them that it is extra for cake samples and for me to come back and cut the cake. Turns out that the hall wants $2.00 a serving to cut the cake... yep.. now I have heard as high as $100.00 but $2.00 a serving?? thats crazy.

I think that the groom just likes to eat cake. He at his piece of cake and her piece of cake and then an additional piece of cake when he was here for the appointment. Bride didn't seem to excited about coming back for another appointment so I don't know if she will talk him out of his tasting

this free cake isn't as bad as my neice did to me. she offered her aunt to make this couples wedding cake. They were in a hurry to put a wedding together if you know what I mean and had no $$. So it was to be a small cake for a family wedding so I thought no problem. My neice gave them a nice card with a note inside that she was going to be responsible for the cost of the wedding cake of there choice. She couldn't come to the meeting with the couple.. but they ordered a cake for 300 people. 10 tiers. 6 colors and 5 flavors. now here is the mad part.. for 75 people. YEP 75 PEOPLE. They were cake eaters and they were promised the cake of there choice I am learing to say no!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 3 May 2011 , 9:57pm
post #66 of 69

icon_smile.gif if you want to 'appease' the groom, since it's your busy season as your making cakes for other orders just make a couple of mini cupcakes of each flavor and freeze them. Then you can just have him stop by and give him the box to goicon_smile.gif I would not make special cakes for him but if I'm making a lemon cake, what's tossing in two minisicon_smile.gif

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 10:24pm
post #67 of 69

WOW! What a story! At least you have all of us to vent to and for support!
I am certainly going to follow this thread for the ending....GOOD LUCK!!

Jessica

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 3 May 2011 , 10:25pm
post #68 of 69

I took my lead from Indydebi for cake tastings. She posted in a forum how she does it. I can tell you, that offering to do a cake tasting for a fee ($25.00) will scare away those who simply want to munch out on cake.
I put the $25.00 fee towards the price of the cake if they desire to go with me. So far it has been working.

Here's a quick tip I discovered. While making cake, steal a little batter from 2 different flavors: Chocolate and vanilla cake or chocolate and white cake.
Take an 8" square pan and tilt it to one side. Pour the vanilla cake mix in while keeping the pan tilted. Now, pour the chocolate batter in while the pan is tilted in the same direction, leveling the pan as the chocolate pours out.
When the pan is level, you should have vanilla on one side and chocolate on the other in the same 8" square pan.
Now, take a knife and swirl in the middle where the 2 flavors meet and bake!
You now have 3 flavors of cake to cut up for samples : Chocolate, Vanilla and Marble Cake! Wrap well and freeze and pull out of the freezer when you need it.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 12 May 2011 , 11:15am
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

I took my lead from Indydebi for cake tastings. She posted in a forum how she does it. I can tell you, that offering to do a cake tasting for a fee ($25.00) will scare away those who simply want to munch out on cake.
I put the $25.00 fee towards the price of the cake if they desire to go with me. So far it has been working.

Here's a quick tip I discovered. While making cake, steal a little batter from 2 different flavors: Chocolate and vanilla cake or chocolate and white cake.
Take an 8" square pan and tilt it to one side. Pour the vanilla cake mix in while keeping the pan tilted. Now, pour the chocolate batter in while the pan is tilted in the same direction, leveling the pan as the chocolate pours out.
When the pan is level, you should have vanilla on one side and chocolate on the other in the same 8" square pan.
Now, take a knife and swirl in the middle where the 2 flavors meet and bake!
You now have 3 flavors of cake to cut up for samples : Chocolate, Vanilla and Marble Cake! Wrap well and freeze and pull out of the freezer when you need it.

Nice tip. like your idea. 3 flavors in one pan AWESOME !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%