Can I Freeze A Fondant Cake?

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 1:05am by BlakesCakes

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:53am
post #1 of 4

I made one this weekend and the order was cancelled. I have an order next week for the same flavor. I've had the cake in the fridge since Mon. What do you think?

3 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 4

I have heard of people freezing them, although have not done it myself. From what I understand you would need to put the cake in a cardboard box, seal it up then wrap the entire box well in plastic. When you bring it out of the freezer you need to leave the box wrapped up at room temperature until the cake has had time to completely defrost.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 4

PattyCakes--that is exactly as I have frozen fondant cakes in the past and they come out just fine.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:05am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

I have heard of people freezing them, although have not done it myself. From what I understand you would need to put the cake in a cardboard box, seal it up then wrap the entire box well in plastic. When you bring it out of the freezer you need to leave the box wrapped up at room temperature until the cake has had time to completely defrost.

That's pretty much how I do it except I have an in between step where I put it in the fridge (wrapped) for 24hrs. before allowing it to sit on the counter (wrapped) to come to room temp. before serving.

Works like a charm.
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%