Sending Info Packets To Potential Clients

Business By dst10spr97 Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 12:35pm by indydebi

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 2:49am
post #1 of 3

How many of you do this? Or have information on your websites that potential clients can download? What type of information do you include in packets you may mail out, price lists? Info on flavors? Or do you provide information face to face only other than what's on your site?

2 replies
imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:11am
post #2 of 3

I've been in the process of making one for the longest time now. I think it is a good way to promote your business as well as giving potential customers something more to remember you by. I believe it would give your business a higher degree of professionalism.

You could always have a small intro then go into designs, flavors etc. I think the simpler the better unless you want to go into details it is up to you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 3

I had emailable info packets. never mailed them via snail-mail nor handled them out. I had a link on my website of "Click here to request our info packet."

It was about 10-12 pages of regularly requested info: Cake pricing, delivery policy, catering menu & pricing, chocolate fountain menu/pricing, drinks menu/pricing, Helpful Tips such as Indiana marriage license info; tips for having an outdoor wedding, how to comparison shop, a blank contract, Cost Savings Ideas, my Budget Wizard which enabled them to plug in just their headcount and it automatically calculated their entire reception with me right down to the dime.

It was never sent unsolicited and brides seemed to be more comfortable asking for an info packet as opposed to having to deal with a "potential" sales conversation.

I had a cover letter already written so all I had to do was cut-n-paste it into an email, attach the documents and it was ready to go. In this email I used the line "If you like what you see and our pricing fits your budget, give us call to schedule an appointment......"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%