Vanilla Cake Ideas !

Baking By cjayy Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 1:27am by tryingcake

cjayy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjayy Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 7

so my boss wants me to bake her a cake that looks like a cow , she wants vanilla cake , any ideas on filling and such , Thanks ! icon_smile.gif

and if you have a really good vanilla cake recipe ,, that would be great too ! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:54am
post #2 of 7

Do you want scratch or doctored?

Absolutely any flavor filling goes with vanilla, IMO.

cjayy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjayy Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 7

from scratch please !

wiggler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wiggler Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 7

Im looking for a great scratch vanilla cake suitable for carving too ! Any recipes would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 7

I don't have any scratch recipes to offer you but I think the filling would be cookies and creamicon_smile.gif you know ...black and white like a cow....I'm sure you want something more sophisticated but it just sounds too cute to have a dairy cow with cookies and cream filling..or maybe it's just me.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 7

I use the French Vanilla cake recipe the bakery I worked for used...and it was their go-to cake for weddings and most popular flavor they served. The top 3 fillings were raspberry, lemon and bavarian cream. My personal favorites are raspberry and lemon.
They're very light and go perfectly with the vanilla cake...which is a boxed Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake with a heaping 1/4 tsp of Cream Bouquet. It works great for carved cakes too.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 1:27am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I don't have any scratch recipes to offer you but I think the filling would be cookies and creamicon_smile.gif you know ...black and white like a cow....I'm sure you want something more sophisticated but it just sounds too cute to have a dairy cow with cookies and cream filling..or maybe it's just me.

LOL - I'm sure as soon as we start talking about cow cakes, sophistication no longer applies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%