What's This Whipped Ganache You Guys Are Talking About?

Decorating By cakification Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 3:47am by cakification

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, I'm new hear, but ive sent the better part of the last couple of days reading old post, and i hear everyone talking about covering their cakes in whipped chocolate ganache before covering in fondant... Could anyone please tell me how to make this? The only ganache I know about is liquid in consistency, and I can't imagine that's what you're all talking about...

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 4

When ganache is cooled..you can whip it in the mixer and it comes out kinds like a thick mousse.I think that is what they are referring too.

cakeaholic_cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaholic_cakery Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Cakification,

Typically whipped ganache is used as a filling between cake layers. However, I prefer to cover the outside of my cakes with regular ganache that forms a shell around the cake under the fondant. This site does a great job of explaining how to make it and apply it to a cake: http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/05/covering-cake-in-ganache.html

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 3:47am
post #4 of 4

Wow... Now I understand what all the fuss is about! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%