I Need Silver... What Is Your Fave?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 4:40pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all!

I am doing wedding cupcakes soon and id like to do some sort of silver accents. I was thinking of using some sort of dust (prefer edible, but open to ideas) mixed with vodka, painted on to gumpaste... Do you have any recommendations of your favorite products?

I was thinking the color of sterling silver... but again, open to what you all like out there! icon_wink.gif

TIA

4 replies
sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 5

I've tried a few dusts and paints but they are all transparent and require a ton of coats to get true silver. My favourite is sugarflair metallic icing paint!!! It covers perfectly in 1 coat, but I always do two just to get any spots I missed. You can see this paint in action in my photos on the tiaras and the name "julie". HTH!!

I buy mine on ebay from this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290472983460&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

CiNoRi Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardugar

I've tried a few dusts and paints but they are all transparent and require a ton of coats to get true silver. My favourite is sugarflair metallic icing paint!!! It covers perfectly in 1 coat, but I always do two just to get any spots I missed. You can see this paint in action in my photos on the tiaras and the name "julie". HTH!!

I buy mine on ebay from this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290472983460&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That is nice... ill look into that! thanks

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 5

As a side note, the gold they make is steller as well!

CiNoRi Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 5

Unfortunately i cant order from them soon enough. I will watch them for later purchase though, but if anyone has suggestions that I can get state-side in the couple of weeks that would be wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%