For Goodness Sakes What Round Tip Should I Use?!

Baking By sugardugar Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 4:05pm by Cupcations

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 4

Locally I can't get much of anything so I always order online. What tip should I order? Prefer a wilton tip since I have my bags cut to fit that and whatnot. Well, if the pastry tips I see people talking about fit my regular ol' bags (I don't use disposable) then that's fine as well!!!

I keep guessing but can't find a round tip for cupcakes?

I want whatever one(s) people use to do an ice cream swirl, and also that cute little "poof" lol.

This seems like the most basic tip yet ordering is annoying when I don't know the exact number!

Just something to do plain swirls like and


3 replies
Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 4

I use a 5PT or a 6PT. (These are my larger swirl-makers versus the smaller 12.) Don't know if they're Wilton or Ateco. They say "Magic Tip" on them and they're made in Korea. Both make a nice swirl like what you're looking for. I purchase a lot of my tips through Golda's Kitchen -- I believe she's out of Canada. For larger swirls, you can try the Ateco 807, 808 or 809, but those do get fairly big. HTH!

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 1:29am
post #3 of 4

PERFECT TY!! I have two cake stands on Golda's I was gonna order in a day or two so I will get them then.


Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 4

For Wilton its tip 1A & the samller one is 2A, Ive been looking for it locally & I cant seem to find it icon_confused.gif
I can order it online lol but shipping for one tip is like buying 10 tips, Golda has it for sure
HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%