Ganache Amounts

Decorating By coldtropics Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 3:00pm by coldtropics

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hi... Im going to attempt to go the way of white chocolate ganache v buttercream under fondant. The question is how much ganache do i need to make. If for example i do a 6/8/12/16 square stacked cake how much 3:1 ganache do i need to coat the exterior of each? tia icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 3

There's a site called www.ladycakes.com that has a chart (you have to kind of look for it, and I forget whether it's called an icing chart or a frosting chart, but it's there!) for the amount of icing you need for different sizes and shapes of cake. They also have one for fillings, in case you're thinking of filling the cake with ganache, too. You won't need quite as much as the chart says, because the layer of ganache you'll need under fondant is thinner than the layer you would use if it were the only icing, but it will give you a place to start. Best of luck with your cake! It sounds like a major undertaking! I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 3

thanks marrianna.... ill give that site a looksie....i was hoping id get someone who might be able to give # of pounds of white chocolate etc. but this is worth a shot... thanks for replying.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%