Fondant Corners

Decorating By jello55 Updated 26 Mar 2011 , 10:02pm by jello55

jello55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jello55 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone! I've just finshed a fondant cake and two of my corners have wrinkles / overlapping fondant! HELP! How can I repair them? I do hope there is some way I can! Thanks in advance!

2 replies
sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 3

Hey there,

If you have smoothed it very very well you may have trouble completely undoing it. You can try pulling it out gently and smoothing. If you have a lot overlapping you can pull gently, trim the overlapping area, smooth. You can slice it, piece it back together, and cover the seam with a decoration.

What you want to do it fix this next time! Every mistake you make is a lesson learned. ALWAYS smooth corners first. I actually pretend round cakes have corners and smooth four opposite sections first as well. Anyhow, next time ensure your fondant is nice and thick, and do your corners first. Youtube has some great videos that I never would have gotten fondant "down" had I not watched!!

jello55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jello55 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much fellow Newfie! Imagine meeting on here! My fondant is pretty much attached firmly to the cake and the design really wouldn't look as nice with a decoration on the corners (down the sides). I guess I'll just chalk it up to experience and hope the customer is happy anyway... I've learned my lesson to smooth the corners first! Thanks so much for you help and expertise!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%