Crisco Vs Shortening. Need Quick Advice!

Baking By Cohaja12 Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 2:43am by Cohaja12

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:41am
post #1 of 8

I had my hubby stop by store to pick up Crisco and instead he bought Walmart brand (Great Value ) shortening. The can says "prepared from meat fats & veg. oils with mono- blah blah blah.

I was planning on making Indydebis BC. Will this work??

7 replies
kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:54am
post #2 of 8

If it was an all vegetable shortening it would be the same..but with the meat fat content it sounds more like lard to me, which I personnaly would not recommend using. I could be way off....but I would be heading back out for some crisco/ vegetable shortening. My husband did that to me last week too!!! I sent his behind bsck to the store!lol

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:59am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie-d

If it was an all vegetable shortening it would be the same..but with the meat fat content it sounds more like lard to me, which I personnaly would not recommend using. I could be way off....but I would be heading back out for some crisco/ vegetable shortening. My husband did that to me last week too!!! I sent his behind bsck to the store!lol

Sorry to noth of you lol, if it has to do with making my cakes, it's me that goes to the store just saved me telling him he did it again...lol icon_rolleyes.gif

Cohaja12 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:05am
post #4 of 8

Getting my shoes on now! Dangit! I told him Crisco! Thanks!! I should've just done it myself. He said "look! I saved 52 cents!!" He was so proud of himself!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:14am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodrill604

Getting my shoes on now! Dangit! I told him Crisco! Thanks!! I should've just done it myself. He said "look! I saved 52 cents!!" He was so proud of himself!

OMG this sounds like something my husband would say!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:53am
post #6 of 8

Boyz. My DH brought home a set of cookware this week. Many, many pieces. He was so proud, "Look what I got you. And for only $40!"

::sigh::

"Honey, I'm a chef. Knives and cookware are very personal things that a chef must choose for herself."

And you don't get professional pots and pans for $40 a set. ::shakes head:: You just don't.

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:55am
post #7 of 8

HAHAHA! A day in the life of a caker! lol

Cohaja12 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 2:43am
post #8 of 8

BC turned out awesome!! Thanks for your quick replies and the laughs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Boyz. My DH brought home a set of cookware this week. Many, many pieces. He was so proud, "Look what I got you. And for only $40!"

LOVE IT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%