Cookie Seating Cards

Baking By cheercoach9701 Updated 27 Mar 2011 , 1:14am by OneCreativeCookie

cheercoach9701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheercoach9701 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to be doing cookies that are going to be used as the seating cards for a wedding in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any idea on the best way to do the writing on each cookie? I would like it to be consistent and I know some of the names are really long! The cookie will be a rectangle shape and a few little flowers on the edge. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

3 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

Could you do a variety of shapes so you could use longer cookies for some and shorter for others? Otherwise I think printing the names on icing sheets is a good way to cram long names onto a limited spaceicon_smile.gif By the way, I think this is a super cute idea.

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:45am
post #3 of 4

I did place card cookies once and I printed the names on edible image paper.

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 1:14am
post #4 of 4

I totally agree about the edible image. Depending on the size of your cutter, you can get images printed on to "business card" size rectangles of icing. You can pipe right on top of the image if you wanted to do a border or do your flowers on top of the "image". If you don't own the printer, icing sheets can be expensive to order, but considering the time you would spend hand piping the cookies, I would think that the cost of the icing sheets would be a wash. And, they would be a nice combination of fancy (or not!) font for the names and hand work with the piped flowers.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%