No Colorflow Articles? :( Anyone Have A Good Link?

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 5:39pm by TexasSugar

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 4

I searched the articles and it said no results found when I searched colorflow. I always thought ppl were using that as another term for FBCT, lol so now I want to read up on it, but searching 100 help posts on the forum board takes alot of time (and I am at work so I can only dick around so much

anyone have a good link?

3 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 4

FBCT is different than color flow. Color flow is a product from Wilton to make hard pieces and you don't freeze it. Search for 'run sugar' or thinned royal icing, or floodwork, those are all pretty much the same as color flow. The technique is just to thin your royal icing to flow or flood consistency (smooths out by a count of about 10). Depending on what you are trying to do, you can use either FBCT or royal or Chocolate transfer.

pvcat2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvcat2000 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 4

Try the Wiltons website for color flow ideas

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%