Ink Color Quality?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 1:38pm by icingimages

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:15am
post #1 of 4

There is a local cake decorating supply store here in my town that prints edible images. I've ordered from them a few times, and I'm always disappointed in the colors of the prints. They are never the colors in the image files I send to them to be printed. Is this just how it is with edible inks? I would love to do more edible images, but I don't know if it's just that that store uses a low quality ink or printer. What is the color quality for Icing Images prints?

3 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 4

Many of the stores carry products that are old and are not set up properly. We were at the NCACS show this past weekend and many people were very impressed with our quality not only the colors that we get and the clarity, but the icing sheets are much better. I would suggest if this is a concern, you can order a print on line, check out our quality and see for yourself. I do stronlgy recommend that if you are not going to print about once per week, then do not purchase a printer. Like a car, it needs to run! That being said, I was up at Julie Bashore's from School of Confectionary arts recently and we needed to print. Due to traveling she had not used her printer for about 6 weeks and we pulled it out and it printed perfectly. We try and recommend once per week just to avoid any complications that people may run in to. If you are purchasing images that often, however then you are wasting your money by not printing yourself.

I hope this helps.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:18am
post #3 of 4

I have nothing but PRAISE for icingimages.com

I first bought KopyKake inks for my printer. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I had so many issues with them. I found out about icingimages from CC. The customer service is AMAZING. The inks really do make a difference in your printer.

Here is a pic of a cake that I did with icingimages ink...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2052830

You will not regret any purchase from them!

Michael

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 4

We are so glad you are happy Michael. It has been a pleasure working with you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%