Venting An Electric Oven

Decorating By Pieceofcakebyrita Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 5:48pm by Pieceofcakebyrita

Pieceofcakebyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pieceofcakebyrita Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how to vent an electric oven with out hoods. We live in Ontario Canada. The restaurant people said that I had to vent it using a plate that is attatched to the top and back of the oven and is vented through a whole the size of a dryer hole outside? Does thing make any sense to anyone?, it's just to make cakes and pies. I called Blodget and they first of all were very rude, second they said that they don;t make anything like that.

AAAAAAAA HELP!!

5 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:31am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about a home electric oven or commercial oven? A home electric oven shouldn't need to be vented but I don't know about commercial ones.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 6

NYC building's code does not require electric ovens to be vented. i have a Blodgett in my shop and no vent...who told you that it needed to be vented?

Njercio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njercio Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 6

Isn't there any companies which are building a ventilation systems. But if you are using it for commercial purposes a ventilation is needed.

pvcat2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvcat2000 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 6

I googled this and one suggestion was to get in touch with a HVAC company and they may be able to help you. Hope this helps.

Pieceofcakebyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pieceofcakebyrita Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, thanks! I had the fire inspector in and I have to vent through the back. Just with air duct equipment. Thanks all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%