Help With Baby Shower Cake...

Decorating By labmom Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 1:17am by KJ62798

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 4

Help! I have a friend who wants a babyshower cake for her sister in law who is having twin boys. She wants a chocolate buttercream frosting with bright blue accents. She said she doesn't care what I do. She just said she trusts me and that she needs to feed at least 65 ladies. She also has over 100 miles to transport the cake.
I don't think I want to give her a stacked cake with the distance and not knowing how they drive or the road conditions. On the other hand I hate sheet cakes. Oh..and she aparently does not like her sisiter in law. I have found from other friends that this shower is going to be a very elegant affair. Not just your normal babyshower with fun and games. I am glad that I found out because I think that will change the whole idea of decorations.
I have thought to use two pewter stands for two 8 in cakes and then a 14" cake between the two stands. that way they will be placed on the stands when they get to the event and travel easy.
Just not sure about the blue...she wants bright blue..not pastel. I thought maybe chocolate vertical stripes with maybe blue fondant drops between the stripes and blue fondant bows on each of the cakes...??? Chocolate cakes are more ellegant when they are just chocolate & chocolate. Please any ideas? Am so busy with others need help on this one.. due in april.

3 replies
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 4

I don't get the new "non-babyish" baby showers? icon_confused.gif I have seen a couple pop up around me as well. My daughter made this one & it could be tweaked to have an elegant look.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1939739

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

Scroll down this google search page and you'll find tons of wonderful idea's in blue and brown. You don't have to go bright, bright on the blue to not be pastel blue. And if you make a beautiful cake, the exact shade she has in her mind won't be as important. http://www.google.com/images?q=blue+brown+baby+shower+cake&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1419&bih=625

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:17am
post #4 of 4

If you use a good support system like SPS, you could do a stacked cake that would travel well for the long distance.

OR--Have your friend pick up the Floating Tiers stand from Wilton--you could do 3 separate tiers and the stand would hold them so that they appear to float over each other. It could be a very elegant set-up.

Good luck
Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%