Baby Shower

Decorating By cake-fam Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 11:45pm by sweetaudrey

cake-fam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-fam Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 4:53am
post #1 of 4

I have a request to make a full sheet baby shower cake but with a Mardi Gra theme. She really wants the colors of mardi gra with her and her husbands name n hearts that then follows = the babys name. Seems simple enough but I just cant visualized how it will come together to look nicely and still reflect a baby shower.
Any help would be lovely.
By the way she wants to feed 70 ppl do you all think that a half of sheet pan would work and accommodate this number of ppl???

3 replies
sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 8:27am
post #2 of 4

I don't know if this is doable but I just had an idea...You could do 'mommy' and 'daddy' mardi gras masks with a 'baby' mask following behind them. icon_smile.gif

Make bold colors (like bright purples and greens). Lots of glitter and sparkles. I would add hints of pastel colors that kinda partner with the bolder colors just to add that 'baby' feel to it.

You could put baby items on the ends of mardi gras beads (like a necklace)...hope that makes sense. I know they have molds where you can make strings of beads or pearls so this would be a really cute idea to make edible beads.

Hope this gives some idaes you can work with and grow from. thumbs_up.gif

cake-fam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-fam Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 3:16am
post #3 of 4

thumbs_up.gif uve helped more that a lil bit. I appreciate it!!

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4

I'm glad! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%