Royal Icing Bleeding Help!

Decorating By jfroman Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 1:54am by jfroman

jfroman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfroman Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 4

Ive had problems with my colors bleeding into eachother, and am looking for tips that might help before I start my next order.
I use Anotinia 24's recipe.
I've tried to find other posts that address this, and have seen that some people have had better success with americolor colors, but all I have is wilton (didnt know better) and dont have time to wait for them to come in the mail since no store in my area sells that brand.
I was wondering if anyone has tried fondant for the background on the cookie and then deccorating with black RI details? Would the RI still bleed on fondant or would that be a good way to go?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 4

If you are using dark color it is best to let those sections dry before adding the other. So if you are outlining in black, pipe that and let it dry before filling in with a different color.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 4

Ditto to TexasSugar. Any time I have to use a dark color on a lighter, or outline with a different color, I let the darker color dry first, and let it dry for a LONG time. Like, 24 hours if I can.

jfroman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfroman Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

thanks girls, i guess i will just have to have more patience and just try to let them dry over night. I was just letting the outlines dry for maybe 1/2 hour to an hour, we'll see.... icon_wink.gif
have you used RI on fondant, and if so, have you ever had bleeding or will it work pretty well? Im just trying to plan the best way to decorate some superhero cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%