Score! Great Decorating Books @ Massive Discount At Borders!

Lounge By FromScratchSF Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm by Marianna46

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:22am
post #1 of 2

Finally made it to my local Borders today (they are going out of business) and scored 7, yes 7! Baking/decorating/cooking books at 40% off! I got:

Cake Decorator's Motif Bible, by Sheila Lampkin - quick reference book for making cutsie common fondant decorations like animals, flowers and stuff. Looks perfect for cupcake toppers or cutsie cakes like baby showers.

Martha's Cooking School - Love her or hate her, she knows how to hire people to write great cook books.

Spectacular Cakes, by Mich Turner - OMG I love this book, I want to work more with royal icing making old-fashioned designs more modern, and this book is FULL of ideas. In fact I'll be making a cake out of it for a client next weekend that just wanted something colorful - and boy does this book have it! It also has a recipe for chocolate plastic, which I've never heard of and can't wait to try.

Sugar Roses for Cakes, by Peck/Dunn/Warren - Yeah, I have the Wilton gumpaste flower book - but this is full of high-end flower designs with full-color step-by-step instructions on how to make them along with templates etc. So excited about this one since I don't push my gumpaste work because I don't like the "Wilton Flower" look.

Last few were how to make baby food (I has a baby in my belly), a BBQ book for the hubbie and wine/food pairing book.

Anyway, was super excited, though I'd share, and tell you all to get to Borders if you have one in your area!

Jen

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 2

Oh, nuts, all these books are on my wish list at Amazon. Wish I were going to the States sometime soon so I could take advantage of this sale, although I hate like sin that Borders is going out of business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%