Dear Buttercream

Lounge By Joshua_Alan Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm by TX_girl

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 5

Dear Buttercream,

I'm leaving you. It's not you, it's me. I love you. You're so delicious and creamy. The truth is though, you're no good for me. We'll spend the whole night together, working so hard to smooth things out, but after it's done, I always stand back and wonder where I went wrong. Did I not have enough patience? Was my bench scraper hand too shaky? Did I not show you enough love with my Viva paper towels? I don't know.

At the end of the day, we both know millions of people want you and you will find someone else soon enough. As for me, I'm going back to fondant. She's always treated me better and I find it's just easier on my stress level not to deal with the sleepless nights anymore.

Sincerely,

Me

4 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 1:35am
post #2 of 5

Oh, I hear you! I keep feeling like I take 2.5 steps back every time I take 3 steps forward. I'm not ready to give up yet, though. Is there buttercream counseling? icon_smile.gif

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 4:18am
post #3 of 5

amen!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 5

I find this interesting icon_smile.gif
I am totally a b'cream queen. I'd probably write a similar letter "Dear Fondant"!
Not only do I not enjoy working w/fondant (for covering a cake - decos are great!) I really don't like the taste. I seldom eat cake but when I do I want a rich, creamy tasty b'cream not a chewy sweet topping.

TX_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TX_girl Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 5

Boy I hear ya! but how do you convince costumers to go with fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%