3.18.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 4:47am by sccandwbfan

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 4:19am
post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

All I've got tonight is 1 doz cupcakes for pickup tomorrow.

And I'm torturing myself by watching DC Cupcakes. This show is awful. I've got to switch stations.

I have always said that I would watch anything cake related, but for the life of me I can't watch that show. The overacting, and the constant mommy reference is so weird. Hate to be critical, but its just so annoying. I keep trying to watch it, but just can't do it.

schustc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schustc Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 4:23am
post #32 of 44

hoping to finish my big project tomorrow - 3D dinosaur - praying it holds together and looks ok icon_sad.gif scared but it will be over soon so thats a relief.

I think i've gone through 5-6 plus boxes of rice crispies - I lost count on how many marshmallows - but I have 8 batches of fondant waiting for tomorrow - 6 I made, 2 were left overs my friend had left from a recent project. so I am guessing I've used 10 bags of marshmallows - 5 bags of powdered sugar...

I'm beat. but the head, legs, tail of RKT are done. the cakes i baked and froze last weekend.

tomorrow morning, I'll make butter cream, assemble the cakes, then I royal icing for the RKT coating, and cover the lot with fondant - and pray pray pray pray pray...

luckily I have my husband to help roll the fondant, my arms are sore already!!

if you wouldn't mind - if you're the praying kind - send one for me! icon_smile.gif

Cayke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cayke Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 4:45am
post #33 of 44

First weekend I have nothing. As much as love cakes it's a nice break.

DC cupcakes is painful to watch!

If anyone has time check out my cakes I love feedback - thanks!

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 5:11am
post #34 of 44

Today I finally got the chance to visit the best cake supply store in Colorado, Cake Crafts! I could spend my life in thereicon_smile.gif I managed to only spend $100 and I got so many things I've been looking for. Can't wait to go back.

Also I picked my mom up from the airport and I'm experimenting on her. Made some large vanilla & butter cupcakes filled with a new Bavarian creme recipe. And she tried ganache for the first time. Al-in-all an amzing cake day!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 5:24am
post #35 of 44

I should not have out this last cake in the oven. I am pooped!

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 5:30am
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsram

Today I finally got the chance to visit the best cake supply store in Colorado, Cake Crafts! I could spend my life in thereicon_smile.gif I managed to only spend $100 and I got so many things I've been looking for. Can't wait to go back.

Also I picked my mom up from the airport and I'm experimenting on her. Made some large vanilla & butter cupcakes filled with a new Bavarian creme recipe. And she tried ganache for the first time. Al-in-all an amzing cake day!

Where is this store located? I'll be in Denver area Easter weekend...I get tired of ordering fun stuff, I wanna SHOP! icon_lol.gif

Today I had a princess/diva theme sheet cake picked up and an order of dog shaped cookies, tonight I'm working on a cake with kind of an antique wooden toy train as the design theme...yeesh, had to take a break from that...but back to work....happy caking out there everyone icon_biggrin.gif

mahal50881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahal50881 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 6:02am
post #37 of 44

DC Cupcakes irritates me because every time I drive by their store, there's a line around the corner, but every time I talk to someone about their cupcakes they always say something like "They're on the dry side, but they're delicious!" I don't see why people would settle for dry cupcakes at $3.50 a pop.

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 7:06am
post #38 of 44

wow...I forgot about Friday nights too!!!! I only have a princess castle due for Monday, so I made RKT tonight for the towers. Next week will be better...a wedding and a baby shower both due for Saturday.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 7:07am
post #39 of 44

Okay, it is not Friday night anymore, but I have been working on a full sheet cake for church Sunday night. I am awake because I couldn't sleep. The Health Department was out Thursday and okayed where we will need to put our new septic system for my new kitchen and the plumber is coming tomorrw for an estimate. We pick up my new cooler tomorrow and will have to store it on my side of the garage. Next week I rent a storage unit so that I can move the things out of the old building and start destruction so the new building can go up.
Now I am really wide awake!

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 7:20am
post #40 of 44

Glad to see I am not the only one late on the draw!!! And to go back to previous posts....I can't stand DC cupcakes!!!!!!!!!

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 8:04am
post #41 of 44

Friday night going into Saturday morning here in Europe...
The 30th birthday cake I worked on last night has just been picked up. Chocolate cake with creamy marzipan filling. Cake designed as a present with bow, name of birthday boy and a few butterflies (yes, his girlfriend ordered it lol)

Now I have to finish 85 cupcakes in 3 different flavours plus the cutting cake. Chocolate with rasperry-cream cheese frosting, yellow cake with dark chocolate cream cheese frosting and lemon cake filled with lemon curd and topped with lemon-flavoured fondant. Embellished with flowers, butterflies and pearls. Uff... I better get finished!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:07pm
post #42 of 44

Safe deliveries everyone!

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 1:18pm
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal50881

DC Cupcakes irritates me because every time I drive by their store, there's a line around the corner, but every time I talk to someone about their cupcakes they always say something like "They're on the dry side, but they're delicious!" I don't see why people would settle for dry cupcakes at $3.50 a pop.

I live in Ohio, but if I were you, I'd pay someone to stand in line for me! icon_lol.gif
You buy their cupcake if they get you one also. Then you'll know what they taste like! thumbs_up.gif

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:47am
post #44 of 44

Makes a note not to forget about this next friday...... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%