Cookies & Cream Filling

Baking By mtaylor1023 Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 10:48pm by cakesnglass

mtaylor1023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtaylor1023 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 5

I am making to smaller cakes and then a bunch of cupcakes for my kids' combined birthday party. Anyone have a good recipe they want to share.

I was thinking about filling the cupcakes with the same filling but I am not sure if it would work so well. Any other thoughts on a cookies & cream cupcake besides just the frosting on top.

Thanks!

4 replies
knd118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knd118 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 5

here is a link that i have used many times and the cookies and cream filling is my biggest request. you can even use the different flavors of oreos like mint etc.. i have filled cupcakes with it too.

http://www.easy-cake-ideas.com/buttercream-filling.html

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

for my cookies and cream filling/frosting, i use crushed oreos (ran through my food processor or blender) mixed into cream cheese frosting. for the cupcakes, you can also bake them with an oreo set into the bottom of the liner before pouring the batter over. hth!

kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

i place a whole oreo cookie in the middle of chocolate cupcakes. little bit of batter, then press the cookie on top, then top that with more batter.

i use the cookies & cream recipe from CC for fillings for cakes and it is delish, and does not require refrigeration. you could use it as a frosting, but you would have to process the cookies pretty fine, otherwise it'll be chunky and wont frost easily (learned that the hard way).

(2) 7 oz containers marshmallow fluff
1 cup shortening (not butter flavor)
2/3 c powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp HOT water
15-20 crushed oreos

cream the fuff and frosting, hot water. add in vanilla and salt, gradually add in the powdered sugar. add the cookies last. try not to eat it all before it makes it onto your cakes. icon_smile.gif

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 5

KND118 - I use this recipe also, great base buttercream to add so many flavors to. At the grocery store I worked at many years ago our best seller was chocolate cake with oreo frosting. All we did was use a basic buttercream (Brill Brand Ready made of course) and crush store brand "oreo" cookie into it, let it sit for a bit and the cookie would absorb the moisture from the buttercream made it alot easier to frost cake. Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%