Need Some Help With My New Blodgette Oven Please!!

Business By bellaudreycakes Updated 19 Mar 2011 , 11:20pm by MimiFix

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

I am opening my storefront this coming Tuesday and I bought my new oven about a month ago but with all the work we have been doing on my place I haven't had a chance to bake with it until today. I started my temp at 300 usually use 350 on reg oven and the sides and top got crusty and middle wasn't baking so I dropped the temp to 275. Now I realized I filled my pans too high which had something to do with it but it seemed to take forever to bake these were 6" 8" and half sheet pans. I thought should take less time with confection ovens? Anyways any advice on what temp you use and how long those size pans take to bake?

I really need to get this down before Tuesday icon_eek.gif I know nothing like waiting to the last minute right? Geez!

3 replies
bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 4

sorry meant to post this in the general section icon_redface.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 4

We have a blodgett gas convection in our shop and we always bake at 275 with the fan on low. It may not bake faster because you are at a lower temp but it will bake evenly. Good luck and congrats

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 4

Blodgett has technical help - take advantage of their expertise and call or email. In the meantime, if the fan has an off switch, bake without the fan. And drop the temperature approximately 50 degrees. Convection ovens work well on some items but not all. As a pastry chef I never cared for using an oven that blew hot air so forcefully the tops of muffins baked sideways.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%