What Is Your Favorite Mmf Receipe?

Baking By sebrina Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 4:19am by Marianna46

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 12

I have been buying mine but I know a girl that wants homemade MMF. I read all the time how easy & cheap it is. So anybody have a go-to receipe they would be willing to share? icon_biggrin.gif
TIA!

11 replies
TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 12

I use the standard:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/105/mmf-how-to-decorate-cake-marshmallow-fondant

16oz Mini Marshmallow (Jet Puff Preferrably)
2lbs. Sifted Powdered Sugar (Domino)
2 Tbs. Clear Vanilla Flavor
2 Tbs. Water

It's quick, easy and people LOVE the taste. I haven't gone wrong with it yet.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 12

the recipe i use i found on youtube. it has 2 main ingredients. thats it. powdered sugar, and mini marshmallows. of course shortening to keep things from sticking and that ever expensive product...H2O. lol...heres the link to the videos. it's 2 parts, but SUPER EASY!!!

part 1:

i have never had any problems with this and you can flavor it how ever you want and color stays the shade you want it very well.

sebrina Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:22am
post #4 of 12

Thank you! I am going to give it a shot tomorrow! icon_biggrin.gif

TabbieCakes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 4:23am
post #5 of 12

icon_confused.gif How strange . . . I did not add that link to my earlier post. In fact, I don't know how to add links to my posts on this site. I don't know how it got there! Weird.

sebrina Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 4:28am
post #6 of 12

icon_surprised.gif
Uh oh! Sounds like the CC ghost has struck again!

TabbieCakes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 12

Oh! This has happened before to other CCers? Is it a computer bug or an actual person getting in and doing weird stuff?

sebrina Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 12

I have no idea. But I thought I saw someone on here before talking about their posts not showing up as what they had posted.

TabbieCakes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 12

Hmmf icon_twisted.gif I guess I should alert the moderators. Course I don't know how! I guess I'll figure it out after I finish this cake I'm working on.

Oh well! Good luck with the fondant. Let us know how it works out icon_smile.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 12

Hope the glitches get cleared up. Meanwhile, back on topic, Michele Foster's Fondant (both the original and the updated versions) are my favorite fondant recipes. I don't like marshmallow fondant because the marshmallows you get in Mexico aren't made the same way they are in the US, so it doesn't turn out the same. Since Michele's doesn't use marshmallows, I don't have that problem.

sebrina Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #11 of 12

Well, I tried the MMF. I had MMF all over EVERYTHING! I greased the mess out of everything but it still stuck to me & everything else. And I'm not sure if it's because I am in Florida, and the humidity here is already bad, but it never quit being sticky. I added & added PS but it stayed sticky? By the time I got it to stop sticking, it started to crack. icon_cry.gif
Took forever but here is the cake...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1978899

Thanks for all the help with the MMF! I think I might wimp out though & keep buying it. icon_redface.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 4:19am
post #12 of 12

Try Michele Foster's - it's not made with marshmallows, so you don't have sticky marshmallow goop all over the place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%