Pricing Help

Decorating By CupQuequito Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 1:40am by CWR41

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:02am
post #1 of 5

Howdy,

I have to make, roughly, (and simply) 1000-1300 cherry blossoms. I have no clue as to price them.

I don't have an airbrush, or anything fancy... just something very simple, but elegant for some wedding pies, yes pies... 200, 3" pies.

Anyone with a rough pricing?

TFH

4 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:22am
post #2 of 5

It depends on the final look, but you could very simply cut a 5 petal blosson out of light pink fondant and let them dry cupped and pipe a yellow dot of royal in the center. I'd say $0.50 per would be good. Or you could pipe them in royal, but I don't like royal icing flowers on the whole.

If they want something more detailed then it would be expensive... for a realistic one I'd charge at LEAST $1.00 per. You could look into ordering them from a bulk GP flower site too...

http://www.discountsugarflowers.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=cherry%20blossom

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:35am
post #3 of 5

That's what I was thinking... but 1000 of them, is $$! LOL

Thank you icon_smile.gif

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:16am
post #4 of 5

Indeed, but if that is what they want they will have to pay for it. No delusions of grandeur allowed!! LOL!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:40am
post #5 of 5

Also available at:
http://cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_sresults.html?p_keyword=CHERRY%20BLOSSOM&page=1&p_letter=&p_prices=&p_whole=&p_phrase=&p_matchall=

If you aren't purchasing them, you should charge more than what they sell for (machine made), if you value your time and the talent for handmade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%