"wedding 101" Flyer Question

Business By MissKendra Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm by Unlimited

MissKendra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissKendra Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the cake decorating business. I've been doing cakes for years, but decided last year that it was time to make it official and start doing what I love for a living. It has been a wild ride getting set up, but fortunately I've discovered that my services are much needed in our small town. My only competition is the big box stores, and people in my area seem to really appreciate an honest to goodness quality custom cake! *happy dance*

Anyway, here's my question. I have teamed up with a local high-end kitchen and home store, caterer and florist to host a "Wedding 101" event. It is basically an opportunity for brides to see that they don't need to go to the city (nearest large city is 45 minutes) away to get everything they need for their wedding. We are putting together binders for each bride and I need to put together a flyer to advertise my business.

I am having a TERRIBLE time coming up with what to put on the flyer! I'm typically a wordy person, but for some reason I'm drawing a complete blank! LOL If anyone has done something similar or has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help!

The name of my company is "The Baker's Rack" (my last name is Baker) and I do custom celebration cakes ,cupcakes, gourmet cakes and pies.

Thanks in advance!!

2 replies
cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 3

I all ways look for. what kind of cake you make, how soon the bride should place there order with you. maybe qoutes from what other people have said about your cakes??

just a few ideas!

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 3

"The Baker's Rack"cute name! Along with your name, the most important item to include on your flyer is your phone number. (You'd be surprised how many flyers and coupons are printed without including this!)

Other items to consider including are:
at least one photo of your work, possible coupon (with expiration date) or discount (if booking by expiration date), a list of everything that you offer (not just wedding-related products, because it's also what sets you apart from others if you give more info about exactly what you provide and what/who you are), your web address, e-mail, and anything else that you're trying to accomplish by getting them to call you. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%