Wilton 3 In 1 Cake Caddy

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 3:12pm by MamaKarrie

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 13

Before I return this for a refund, I am presuming that the cupcake holder insert should sit flat and secure in the base no matter whether used on the standard or mini side, correct?! I think I have a faulty one as mine is distinctly concave in the middle of the standard side making it move in the base and have a hump on the mini side! Can someone confirm this for me, or is this just crappy Wilton design?!

12 replies
jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 13

Sounds like you got a dud.
Mine sits flat as a pancake.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 13

Yup thats not right

MamaKarrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaKarrie Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 13

Same product... different subject. Is it just me or are the cupcake holes not deep enough? I have to be very careful when I carry the holder or my cupcakes spill. I have a big three tier one I bought at Costco (different brand) that has nice sized cuppies and I've never had a problem with it.

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 13

I agree, I always thought the wilton cupcake side was pretty worthless for "holding" them inplace. Can't remember the last time I only made a dozen cuppies for anything! LOL
I would LOVE the one at costco!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 13

MikeRowesHunny your not the only one that has had a problem with this... It happened to a young lady when I was taking wilton classes & to others since then. I was lucking when I brought mine it was the correct fit..but I didn't get mine at the craft store. For some reason all the people I know that had a problem with it brought there's from either michael's or hobby lobby...don't know if that is a contributing factor or not. But how this works out for you

MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 13

To tell the truth, I have 2 cupcake couriers that hold 36 cuppies each! The only reason I bought this was for the mini cuppie side as I have to take some with me to a party and I don't have mini cupcake boxes. I think I'll just use a regular cake box and pad out any extra spaces with scrunched up saran wrap! I bought the caddy online and it's going back in the morning!

platinumlady Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

To tell the truth, I have 2 cupcake couriers that hold 36 cuppies each!

Where did you find these I am looking for a carrier the carries more instead of ordering inserts each time

MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 13

I bought them online in Europe, but I'm sure they are available in the US too!

There are several sellers through Amazon (the ones shown in the first 3 results are what I have):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=cupcake+courier&x=0&y=0

Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:41pm
post #10 of 13

I have one that has no issues, but my MIL has one that seems to have warped. It was fine at first, maybe it warped in the dishwasher.

Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

I bought them online in Europe, but I'm sure they are available in the US too!

There are several sellers through Amazon (the ones shown in the first 3 results are what I have):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=cupcake+courier&x=0&y=0

My friend has one of these, came from Kohls. I did a bunch of cupcakes for her wedding and borrowed this to help transport them. The only thing I didn't like about it was the cupcakes sit closely together. For most designs, this is fine, but for the big buttercream flowers on the top of mine, it was too tight. Some petals bumped each other.

platinumlady Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you so much this helps a lot...will save a lot of money thumbs_up.gif

MamaKarrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaKarrie Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:12pm
post #13 of 13

The one shown in the Amazon link is the one they have at Costco right now for $17 or $18. I have three and love them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%