I Need Help! Imbc And Cream Cheese

Lounge By cassi_g16 Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm by cassi_g16

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 6

Made my normal IMBC and thought I would try making Cream Cheese IMBC...I whipped up my room temp cream cheese until it was smooth and started adding it in a spoon at a time till I got the flavor right. I let it mix for maybe a minute after I had it added in and it turned into slop! It is like thick pancake batter now....Can this be saved? I thought about just letting it continue to whip and maybe it would come back? Anyone have experience with this?

5 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 6

I know "FromscratchSF" has a tutorial on her cream cheese smbc. Take a look at it and see what she says. I don't have it on hand but when I find the link I will post it for you.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

Here it is: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7067976.html#7067976

HTH

thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

FromScratch knows her stuff. I'm an experienced baker, but I plan to follow it exactly. I think this is valuable information for those who prefer cooked icings.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 6

well I did whip the cc first but I added it to the frosting instead of the other way around. it was great at first. I decided I would put it in the fridge for a while to see if it would firm up some and it did! I took it out and rewhipped it and it came back. it is still softer than normal but fine for the cupcakes I am making. so Yay! will definately try her way next! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%