Manchester United Logo

Decorating By udy Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 8:43am by allaboutcakeuk

udy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
udy Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 8

Does any one know where I can find a tutorial on how to make the logo of Manchester united with fondant or can anyone help me with instructions on how to do it because I have an order for next week.

7 replies
cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

I made one on rice paper and colored with food coloring markers. I embellished with a little icing. You can lay your rice paper over the printed out logo and copy it. It really is not that hard to do.

If you want to see my logo it is in my pictures. HTH

udy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
udy Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks I will try it out.

Sam_paggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sam_paggers Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 10:53am
post #4 of 8

In my pictures i used a FBCT, but not sure i would recommend as the colours started to run after sitting out a day

good luck
sam
xxx

idontknow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idontknow Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:47am
post #5 of 8

I made it on my shirt cake (in pics) by printing out the logo in the size I needed, then on baking paper on top of this I piped it out with royal icing and it worked it out pretty well. Once dry, just lifted it off and placed it onto the cake, fixed on with a bit of RI. I also did the same with the crest, although this was much smaller so the details were not so clear. But always make two in case one breaks, or just make it well in advance so it's had at leats a day to dry and you've lifted it up without breaking it!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:56am
post #6 of 8

I always but all my football logos from my local cake shop for £4.

heroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heroes Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 11:24am
post #7 of 8

Fab ideas, I too was wondering this.x

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 8:43am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy

Does any one know where I can find a tutorial on how to make the logo of Manchester united with fondant or can anyone help me with instructions on how to do it because I have an order for next week.

I normally do an edible image and place on a mix of fondant and gumpaste and cut round. However if you can't use an edible image I've done it by layering. Make a template of the design. Cut the base out in the base colour then make up some gumpaste for the detailed bits and cut them out with an exacto knife and place on top. Takes a bit of time though but if you can get an edible image - maybe off ebay? Place it on the fondant for a kind of 2D effect.

I did this West Ham one in RI run outs - definitely make 2!
http://www.allaboutcake.co.uk/cakes2.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%