Irish Cream Cake Filling!! Please Help

Baking By ebiggz Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 5:51pm by Sangriacupcake

ebiggz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebiggz Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 8

I wanted to do an Irish cream cake filling but have to change it up because i wont be able to keep it in a fridge. So what i thought of doing is taking some buttercream icing and adding an irish cream flavoring and use that as the filling. Will that work? and how much flavoring should i add to the butter cream?

7 replies
Mo-Mo73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mo-Mo73 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 8

have you thought about making a small batch of buttercream..instead of milk or cream; add coffee creamer in lieu of and make the rest of the receipe as you normally would...just a thought???

ebiggz Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 8

Doesn't coffee creamer have dairy in it? or are you referring to a powder creamer?

ebiggz Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 8

bump

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 8

A lot of BCs have some element of dairy (milk, creamer, etc) but are still stable at room temp. I use IndyDebi's recipe and it calls for milk but is not only stable at room temp but is stable in the HEAT.

The small amount of liquid Irish Cream creamer that you add to the BC should not affect it's perish-ability. The vast amount of sugar in BC acts like a preservative.

Kristy

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 8

Hi...Why not try going for the real thing....Irish Cream Liquor, in place of your liquid called for in your recipe. Makes a delicious buttercream & can be kept at room temp! Everyone I know loves this frosting. Go to the recipe section here on CC & I use the Whipped Cream Butter Cream recipe then just use the Irish Cream Liquor for the liquid. HTH

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 8

My Irish Cream cake is the best cake I offer and it will work for what you want. Mine is three layers. 1/2 c of irish cream is brushed onto the yellow layers. Sometimes I use a little less. The filling is a scratch cooked caramel custard that is so subtle, but could be achieved by adding caramel to your BC. The icing is a cream cheese with plenty of butter. No other irish cream is needed because of the amount on the layers. This could sit out as long as you usually sit out cream cheese icing. Taste is best after all of the elements meld together, maybe six to twelve hours before serving. Make sure you use a cake that can handle that much alcohol.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

My Irish Cream cake is the best cake I offer and it will work for what you want. Mine is three layers. 1/2 c of irish cream is brushed onto the yellow layers. Sometimes I use a little less. The filling is a scratch cooked caramel custard that is so subtle, but could be achieved by adding caramel to your BC. The icing is a cream cheese with plenty of butter. No other irish cream is needed because of the amount on the layers. This could sit out as long as you usually sit out cream cheese icing. Taste is best after all of the elements meld together, maybe six to twelve hours before serving. Make sure you use a cake that can handle that much alcohol.

Wow, does that sound good!!!!!

OP, you really don't need to worry about using real Irish cream....really...truly!! The sugar keeps everything safe for a few days at least. I think the chemistry behind it is that the sugar absorbs the available liquid, making it an unfriendly environment for bacteria.

I'm making several Guinness cakes this week, and I ice them with cream cheese icing with Bailey's added... no refrigeration needed!!
Slainte!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%