Time Saver Tool

Decorating By bulldogmom Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 9:20pm by tiggy2

bulldogmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:23am
post #1 of 31

Can't wait to get this!! Can complete large jobs in a fraction of the time it takes me now!

icon_biggrin.gif http://heavenlycakepops.com/?page_id=386[/b]

30 replies
dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:41am
post #2 of 31

that is super cool!!!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:55am
post #3 of 31

That is genius!

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:00am
post #4 of 31

thats super awesome, especially for someone who sells cake pops like crazy!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 31

Do you work for or represent the company making this?

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 31

No, I do not at all. I don't have a bakery or anything either. Just work with a wedding decorator and need to do large orders. I just love the idea that I can do an order for a wedding or other event in the least amount of time possible. Right now, not sure that I could do more than one event per week when hundreds of pops are needed but with this tool I think it's possible for me.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:01pm
post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyloo

Would it matter?

I don't see the problem in getting the word out about something that might interest many people here. icon_confused.gif

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 31

I just pre-ordered one. Something similar (but smaller size) sells on pastrychef.com for $329! Yikes!

Totally worth the time savings to me. icon_smile.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 31

Now that is cool!!

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:58pm
post #10 of 31

Nice! Yikes is right. I have a job to do 500 truffles two weeks from now and it would definitely be worth it.

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:01pm
post #11 of 31

I don't normally sell many cake balls, but that's because I hate rolling them out. I made over 300 truffles a couple of years ago for a charity event, and I wanted to die by the end of it. If I had this, it would have been so much easier (and I wouldn't have been up all night).

I just hope it works as well as it shows in the video.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:10pm
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WykdGud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyloo

Would it matter?

I don't see the problem in getting the word out about something that might interest many people here. icon_confused.gif

Yes it would matter -- CC is very strict about people "selling" on their site.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:12pm
post #13 of 31

This is so cool, I wish I would have thought of that!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #14 of 31

bobwonderbuns, I am watching for this to possibly be shut down too. It is on three different threads already which is odd. I'm watching to get others' opinions in case it is deleted.

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:29pm
post #15 of 31

Thanks for the heads up on the marzipan rollerboard WykdGud! I like it!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

bobwonderbuns, I am watching for this to possibly be shut down too. It is on three different threads already which is odd.

It seemed a bit strange to me as well.....

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:39pm
post #17 of 31

Come on now. There are several other members here who mention their stuff. I remember someone who designed a cookie cutter cut and was promoting it. The people who make the Cake Boss program promote it. Sugarshack's videos? If it weren't for her mentioning them herself, I wouldn't have known about them (I have most of them).

Let's not be jerks about this and try to get it shut down. I'm glad it was up - otherwise, I might have never known. I don't see that's it's active advertising, just drawing our attention to something that could help our businesses. Let's not be hypocritical about who is allowed to mention their products and who isn't. If she needs to get several orders to be able to have this manufactured so I get mine, I'm going to be cheesed if this gets shut down and her minimum requirements aren't met.

Why do so many people have to poop on everyone else's party?!? Sheesh!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:41pm
post #18 of 31

You have to contact the site owners if you wish to promote your product in any manner than in your forum signature. Those of us who promote our products have asked for and received permission.

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:51pm
post #19 of 31

Since this is pre-production, even IF the OP is affiliated with the manufacturer - it's still not technically advertising or promoting a product, but more like guaging interest in the idea. Since this has yet to be manufactured, and nothing is being sold yet (the $1 will be refunded if the min. is not met) I don't see that it's doing any harm.

If I thought of a genius idea and posted here about saying "Hey, I came up with a new process that turns powdered sugar into GOLD! If this is something I could get manufactured, would anyone be interested?"

Seems more like market research than advertising to me. But again, that's just me...

And it's all moot anyway, since the OP very clearly said she is not affiliated with the manufacturer. So I just typed all this for nothing. *face palm*

scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:51pm
post #20 of 31

kellym, and you are also an advertiser.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #21 of 31

Come on. It's advertising, and it's the worst kind. "Sock puppet" advertising = "OMG look at this widget, it's so KEWL!"

Please don't lump those of us who have gone through the correct channels in with this person who only has 7 posts and every one of them are about this product.

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:04pm
post #22 of 31

No, I don't work for the company nor am I the seller of this tool. But, I did stay a Holiday Inn last night!icon_lol.gif

I simply think it's a great idea and know it would definitely save me time with these orders I have. Not going to even mention the tools by name as not to offend, but the pop thingie and the truffle thingie are both items I'm interested in to maximize my time. I've got college tuition to pay for and need as many events as I can handle in weekend.

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:09pm
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmom

No, I don't work for the company nor am I the seller of this tool. But, I did stay a Holiday Inn last night!icon_lol.gif

thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:09pm
post #24 of 31

bulldogmom, I'm sure everyone believes you an we all appreciate your sharing. But it may get shut down.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:32pm
post #25 of 31

Talk about getting off topic. If it gets shut down it gets shut down but that's up to the mods, not the general public. The OP simply posted a link like so many others have done in the past, they didn't ask for anyone to buy anything.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:59pm
post #26 of 31

I'd never seen anything like this, so I'm intrigued (after rolling out 175 balls yesterday). But I prefer my cake balls to be smaller in diameter, so the marzipan rollerboard on the pastrychef site is the one I'd get. Dreaming only, of course. If I were to spend money like that, it'd be on a chocolate tempering machine! icon_wink.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:03pm
post #27 of 31

I'd like to find a faster, easier way to dip them.

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:47pm
post #28 of 31

@tiggy2..me too. The dipping takes forever! What is your preferred method? I've tried several and can't say one saves time over the other.

WykdGud Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:55pm
post #29 of 31

Here's the secret to quick dipping. Have you ever heard of a chocolate enrober? Essentially, it pours chocolate over whatever you want to coat. So if you put all your cake balls on a cooling rack (inside a baking sheet) and pour your chocolate all over them, you can then pick them up and transfer them to a different baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You gotta work quick, so start with a few balls (like 10) and work your way up from there.

SO much faster than dipping them individually. (You don't actually have to transfer them, but I don't like the grid marks on the bottoms of mine if they are left on the rack)

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:55pm
post #30 of 31

I see this thread no different than many people posting about how great the agbay is. Just my 2 cents. Happy Baking to all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%