post #1 of 29

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

28 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:35am
post #2 of 29

Got a little cake done and awaiting pickup tomorrow afternoon. Then heading out to set up for another wedding show. This will make the ninth one this year. I'm done until July!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:43am
post #3 of 29

Have a two tier birthday cake for tomorrow morning and a 10" and two 1/2 sheet cakes for a Girl Scouts silent auction tomorrow night. About two hours ago, realized I baked a 10" instead of a 12" for the bottom tier of the birthday cake. Had to go to the grocery store and now the second 12" is baking. I was ahead of my baking schedule and now I am behind. Am kicking myself...

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:47am
post #4 of 29

Did an 8 inch Kaluaha cake for my friends 21's birthday party tomorrow that im also hosting LOL. First time using piping gel transfer and made Pikachu for her since thats her favorite Pokemon Character.

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:52am
post #5 of 29

Oh, cakegirl, I think we've all done that at one time or another. Still sucks, though.

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:53am
post #6 of 29

Anyone watching basketball? Big East?

aubasmif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubasmif Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:54am
post #7 of 29

Well, let's see. Today I have made two 2- tiered cakes (6" & 8") decorated with flower blossoms on the top tier with a bow and cornelli lace on the bottom tier. One 2 tiered birthday cake covered in choc. b/c with fondant accents decorated for a father and son birthday. And lastly, a polo shirt cake for my nephew. Whew... ready for a break tomorrow. Happy Baking everyone!

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:58am
post #8 of 29

Hello, everyone. Hope all is well, listening to the basketball game, hoping Arizona wins. God's blessing to all.

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:18am
post #9 of 29

I actually have something to add tonight instead of just lurking. I am starting on 5 dozen pineapple cupcakes for my daughter's luau on Sunday and a doll cake for the birtday girl made to look like a hula dancer.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:23am
post #10 of 29

I'm working on nothing cake related tonight. My son is home for spring break and he brought all his laundry home with him. icon_sad.gif My daughter will home in a few days so I'm guessing that I'll be doing a lot of laundry over the next week. However, if I get that done, I'll make them eat a practice cake. lol

All I know about bball right now is that OSU won over Northwestern and it was a tough game. Oh, and OU won their game earlier this week.

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:23am
post #11 of 29

bohemia, you can always stop in and say hello! And pineapple cupcakes sound yummy!

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:26am
post #12 of 29

Two cakes due Sunday afternoon frosted in whole whip cream so won't frost and decorate till late sat night, but made cakes and fillings tonight. done for two weeks after this, have to have gall bladder surgery icon_sad.gif

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:26am
post #13 of 29

Learning the hard way that not all powdered sugar is created equal and kneading the heck out of a batch of MMF. icon_cry.gif

bohemiagetsajob Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:28am
post #14 of 29

Thanks Leah! The pineapple cupcakes are my daughters request. She asked for her own cake with lots of pineapple and lots of coconut frosting. Cheatize, they should make YOU a cake.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:32am
post #15 of 29

Evening everyone,

No cakes for me this weekend. Doing some planning/prepping for next week. DH wants a cake for his office for St. Pat's and then we have friends coming for an Irish breakfast/brunch next Sunday. I'm supposed to do the soda bread but I'll probably do a cake too.

I had a super successful cake show last weekend in San Diego. I came in second for my group (amateur/beginner). I was pretty shocked-surprised-giddy since the level of competition was so high. AmyGortonCakes from here on CC took first place in our group & we got to chat. Fun to meet a CCr in real life.

If you are curious about my cake, here's the link:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1966231

No basketball, it's the final month of the regular NHL season so it is ALL about the hockey here.

Have fun tonight,
Kristy

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:34am
post #16 of 29

Kristy, your cake is absolutely gorgeous!
Congrats!!!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:38am
post #17 of 29

Thanks Kats--I was a HUGE ball of anxiety over that cake and the show. My first competition.

Kristy

cheatize Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:46am
post #18 of 29

Bohemiagetsajob: if you make me a pineapple cake with coconut, I'll do your laundry, too! LOL I've been dying for coconut for months but I'm the only one around here who likes it.

Proud moment of the week for me: I read this on my daughter's Facebook- "Made a caramel pastry cream filling for my cake that's more like caramel pudding. I'm okay with that."

Y'all, she's caking! She's caking! Woo hoo!

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:55am
post #19 of 29

Our game just went into overtime.

#heartstopper

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:01am
post #20 of 29

Lurking here as usual but I got a last minute order for Monday so now I'm here getting inspiration for that cake icon_smile.gif

Kristy love that cake! Congrats

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:08am
post #21 of 29

Louisville won! Go CARDS!

Please resume your regularly schedule caking.

cheatize Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:17am
post #22 of 29

Ha, ha, Leah! Where are the games at in terms of the playoffs?

BlueMoon73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueMoon73 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:22am
post #23 of 29

I am going to try out my new Mini CriCut cake next week for some St Patrick's Day cupcakes. Been reading up on all the tips and tricks on here from all the awesome CC experts!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:26am
post #24 of 29

I am stuck!! A friend who is a diver is turning 70 tomorrow. I am making a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (his request) but I am trying to figure out how to decorate it. I want it to look nice and classic. It's a 12 inch cake and I am thinking about putting a diving flag on the top and maybe put small sharks around the side of the cake.

Hmmmm what to do --what to do?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:40am
post #25 of 29

This has been a baby shower kind of week for me. Sunday was my youngest daughters baby shower so I made her the Hippo Baby Shower cake in my albums here and today I started prep work on her best friends baby shower cake by making the baby converse shoes. Tomorrow I work on the ballcap that will act as cake topper. I also have cupcakes due tomorrow but that's just a dozen so easy weekend ahead.

Cat

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:56am
post #26 of 29

Worked 6 hours in the office today, came home and baked (4) 9 in rounds, (2) 8 in rounds (4) 11x13 (4) wilton balls (1) 6 in round and (2) wonder molds...did i meantion i also made grilled tomatoe and cheese sandwiches with homemade creamy tomatoe soup for lunch and terriyaki grilled shrimp with wild rice and a garden salad for dinner lol...I even attempted to do the Zumba workout videos but unfortunatly i have 2 left feet! Oh well im beat now! Off to bed! Happy baking ladies and gentlemen!!!Good night and God Bless!!!

bohemiagetsajob Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:17am
post #27 of 29

Cheatize, that's almost worth it. Whats another cake after 60 cupcakes?

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:02am
post #28 of 29

I just finished baking my last batch of coconut banana cupcakes. I'm hosting a Hula Baby Luau(shower) for a friend on Sunday....thought I'd try some tropical flavors.

My Mango buttercream didn't go so well...but thats because I tried a lazy route. I added Pureed Mango to a batch of buttercream I had already made.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:30am
post #29 of 29

Just finished dummy cake #1 for big event next week (8, 8, 12), have chocolate, red velvet and carrot ginger cupcakes to make tomorrow, with custom fondant accents (surf boards, "40", and little aprons). Then starting on dummy cake #2 on Sunday.

Gotta say, I'm liking making the dummy cakes, I get to make whatever I want for a change. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%