I Had A Great Idea

Decorating By Jenn2179 Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 2:06am by Jenn2179

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #1 of 7

So I had a cake ordered to be cheetah print which I usually hand paint on fondant and it takes a long time. The night before I had to pain the cake I couldn't sleep and thought maybe I could find a stamp to use and then paint the black by hand. I didn't find any stamps online so I thought what about a potato? It is food safe. So I bought a potato and cut it to make a few different shapes for the cheetah print and it worked perfectly. I was super excited and it totally made the cake much faster to do. So I have to give a shout out to the potato.

6 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:40am
post #2 of 7

Great idea! I used potatoes for stamping with my preschool kids never thought of using them for cake.!

sharlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlanet Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:55am
post #3 of 7

Love it! Did you cut a few different shapes into the same stamp so you were stamping a few spots at a time?

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:06am
post #4 of 7

nice idea.. love it! Go the spud!

Jenn2179 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:06am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorelle

Great idea! I used potatoes for stamping with my preschool kids never thought of using them for cake.!

That's where I got the idea from, when I was a kid and did it.

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:06am
post #6 of 7

awesome, and so practical!

Jenn2179 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:06am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlanet

Love it! Did you cut a few different shapes into the same stamp so you were stamping a few spots at a time?

I made 3 different stamps which took all of about 2 minutes. That is a great idea though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%