Bought Fondant Vs Make Your Own

Decorating By sugarshack11 Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 3:35am by Kitagrl

sugarshack11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack11 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:18am
post #1 of 4

I am fairly new to the decorating world and wanted some opinions..Does anyone buy their fondant/icing from a company? If so, any suggestions on who to buy from..I am getting many orders and would like to save on alittle time. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:38am
post #2 of 4

I have bought Satin Ice, Fondex, Elite by fondex, Duff's, and some other Sweet...something and of course Wilton(gag) Satin Ice is good they were having some problems earlier but the 2 buckets I bought last week are great.
Fondex is also really nice I like the flavor better than Satin Ice. Elite is the best made by fondex. It tastes nice and is great to work with.
Duff's is too expensive and I find it greasy.

I have and still do when I have the time make my own. When it really count though I use Elite because making my own even though it taste really good is unpredictable because of the humidity or lack there of, (I live in Nevada) affects the fondant. hth Don't waste your$ on Wilton it is chemicaly tasting. hth

sugarshack11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack11 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

Thanks!! That helped a lot!!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4

To me, the overall best fondant, including taste, workability, AND affordable price, is FondX, hands down.

If you only do a cake here and there its okay to make your own but if you are doing cakes every week, just buy it and count it in the selling price. Its so worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%