Special Wrapping Papper

Lounge By Echooo3 Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 3:17pm by MamaD77

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 3

Totally not cake related, but this is the place to post it right?

I had an idea to make my own wrapping paper for my daughters birthday. I got white freezer paper and on the non-waxed side, I used multi-colored glitter pens and markers and drew lots of stars, hearts, sunshine, flowers, swirls and mingled it with words that come to my mind when I think of her. I have three daughters and all are special in their own way.

My middle daughter majored in early childhood education and music with a minor in spanish so the words like "dance", "play", "twirl" - you get the idea were all over in fancy lettering mixed in with the hearts, stars and flowers.

The wrapping paper turned out amazing. When she gets it I hope it will be special to her too. She lives several hundred miles away. It was the coolest wrapping paper ever. Can't wait to do it for my other daughters.

2 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds like it turned out great! I have let my kids color on freezer paper before to make wrapping paper, keeps them occupied for along time, but they are 4 and (almost) 6.

MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 3

What a lovely idea, I'm sure your daughter is gonna love that when she gets it. What a lovely personal and special way to treat a loved one. That's why I love creating special cakes for my friends and family, because your time and creativity are such a precious gift.
I'm always looking for new idea's like this, as I'm becoming increasingly more creative in other mediums since gaining confidence through cake decorating. Thank's for sharing with us, i'll make a mental note of that for future use!

x Mama D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%