So Dissapointed With My Kitchen Aid...change To Cuisinart?

Decorating By Dayyi Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 2:50pm by vickymacd

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 1:06pm
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I too have the new processor and (luckily) my old Cuisinart's top broke so I HAD to buy the new one! Ha, ha. But it took me awhile to get used to it, especially after viewing the DVD in order to use it! But now I love it as I do use all three bowls usually when making a big meal or recipe. Right after I bought it though, I did have to take it back and get a new one as some things, like the cord, didn't retract. But luckily, maybe like you, I got it for the amazing price when it was first offered by WS.

I also got mine when they first came out. But it was a gift so I'm not sure what it cost, even though I was there when it was purchased. It wasn't my money so I wasn't paying too much attention. I seem to remember it was $100 off...either $499 on sale for $399 or $399 on sale for $299. I see now that it's $545 on sale for $299.

As far as retractable cords go, I've had them on several appliances over the years, from vacuums to can openers. I've not seen a one that really works well. I always seem to end up doing more work pushing and pulling and coaxing to get them in than if I just wrapped it around. icon_rolleyes.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 1:31pm
post #32 of 37

If you got it when it first came out with their special price, it was $199. That is a price you cannot touch even now! I couldn't resist it and am so glad I caved in a bought it. It was on back up order for so long since they couldn't keep up the production at that price. But, I love it! And the color the buttons light up matches my dishwasher and frig which is by KA. Yeah, I'm weird.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 1:39pm
post #33 of 37

Now that you say that about $199, it rings a bell, Vicky. I do remember having to buy it while we were visiting another state because it was back ordered in our local stores.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 1:48pm
post #34 of 37

If you can find an old, Hobart made, KA at an estate auction; that would be the way to get a real KA.

vickymacd Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:45pm
post #35 of 37

Earlier I mentioned I had 3 KA's. One is my original one where the head lifts up. The second one I have is where the bowl lifts up and is about 25 years old. My third one I bought at Salvation Army (bowl lifts up kind) and I bought it for $19. Yes, that's right! Everything is new looking on it and probably from someone that pushed it in their basement after aquiring it. It's the old cream color, but looks brand new and works perfect. even though I already had 2 of them, I couldn't pass this one up! So, yes, if you can find an old one, grab those. I hear they work better, and made better by Hobart than the newer ones.

vickymacd Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:49pm
post #36 of 37

The cream one is the one from Sal.Army. Mine 25 yr. old one is the brushed stainless one. Not bad for $19.

vickymacd Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:50pm
post #37 of 37

Sorry, the attachment wasn't added for some reason.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%