Frosting Sheets

Decorating By jmullins Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 11:22pm by icingimages

jmullins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmullins Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 22

Has anyone tried tinting the premade fondant sheets for the Cricute Cake Machine? I need my design to be black and I can't seem to find the sheets in that color.

Thank for any help anyone has to offer.

Jackie

21 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 22

HI:
We are planning to debut a line of colored circut type sheets at the NCACS show at the end of the month. We will have stock in April! In the meantime you can always print on an icing sheet and then cut it.

ccc407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc407 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 1:27am
post #3 of 22

I hope your frosting sheets are better than mine. The frosting sheets that I received are sooo brittle, they break almost as soon as you touch them. There's no such thing as "peeling" the excess off...the whole sheet simply breaks into pieces....what a disappointment!

icingimages Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 3:03am
post #4 of 22

What Brand?

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #5 of 22

Jackie when I first go mine I found black at Michael's However, now I just make my own. Using a 50/50 gumpaste & fondant works well & less expensive

ccc407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc407 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 22

Icingimages, they were Cricut Brand.

icingimages Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc407

Icingimages, they were Brand.

I have heard that people had trouble. When Atwoods tested, they called me to tell me how well they work. So we are expanding our brand to include those types of sheets. I will make an annoucement as soon as they are available. They will be previewed at the NCACS show at the end of the month by Martha who is doing a demo with them.

Jess0214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess0214 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 22

I have been using the siloutte and PhotoFrost special sheets for the machines and having very good results. the sheets seem to be the right thickness and work well in the machine

icingimages Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 22

Jess...try our icing sheets, they hold up amazingly well and are very flexiable. The top trainers in cake decorating swear by our sheets and are really enjoying them. PM me if you would like to try a sample!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm
post #10 of 22

I tried the icing images sheets hoping for really awesome results, along with the colors and everything. At first I was thrilled with the way it took the colors and the clarity. But I have to cut mine a lot and they kept cracking. They got so brittle so fast. Also, when I put it on a BC cake, customers semi-complained that it had a 'paper' texture to it compared to the other sheets I used before. icon_sad.gif I was quite bummed.

icingimages Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm
post #11 of 22

I am quite surprised that they cracked on you. If the bag is left open for a long period of time, they can crack when you cut them. But we just cut about 180 sheets for a training class. We cut them with scissors and exacto knives without cracking. They should be so plyable that you should be able to bend them in half (no crease) with out them breaking. On buttercream, you do have to be sure that the buttercream is moist. All icing sheets need moisture for adhesion, the more moisture the better it does. Send me a PM, so I can see where the problem is. At the training seminar I was at, everyone who used our icing sheets actually raved about how well it held up, so I am sure there is something there that isnt quite right.

icingimages Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 5:45pm
post #12 of 22

AFter PMing with saberger, we found that there was a small hole in the bag. She is rebagging the sheets and putting a damp paper towel behind the sheets to revive them. To my customers, should you ever have any problems with our stock, always feel free to PM me. We have answers and want to help!

jmullins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmullins Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:41pm
post #13 of 22

Thanks so much for all the replies. I look forward to new merchandise being released, until that time I will try the 50/50 and see if I can get a nice damask cut out.

icingimages Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:46pm
post #14 of 22

Linda McClur has a products for the cutting machines as well. I beleive she has tutorials and other material regarding the cutters. Martha from Sweet Southern Ladies will be demoing the sheets at NCACS. We have both chocolate and regular being shown there.

Jess0214 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:51pm
post #15 of 22

Linda McClure has some great videos on line and her teaching skills making use the electric cutting machines easy.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:39pm
post #16 of 22

ICINGIMAGES, when are you going to have your colored sheets for sale? I use your sheets and the ones from Photo Frost and so far like them equally. I must say your customer service is very good. I use my electronic cutter almost everyday in my shop and icing sheets make my life easier. I would love to be able to cut out colored icing sheets. Right now I air brush my icing sheets the colors I need. It works, but is time consuming because I have to let the color dry before I can put the cut out design on a cake.

icingimages Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm
post #17 of 22

Hi BonnieKaye:
We have a limited supply of chocolate (brown) icing sheets left. We are in the manufacturing stage and I am hoping to have them within 60 days. We were showing our sheets at the NCACS show and one feature our colored sheets carry is that they will be the same color through and through, not just the color on the top. What this means is that when you go to cut them, you will not have a white center. I will be sure to announce when they become available here on cake central.

Jess0214 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:41pm
post #18 of 22

BonnieKaye,

I also have airbrushed my sheets for color but the easier way is to print the sheet with your edible image machine. You can print solid colors, patterns, gradient fill the options are endless

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 5:40am
post #19 of 22

I just got my new batch of icing sheets and so far they seem to be better. They are not drying out as quickly and I was able to cut out 2" circles, one row at a time without them becoming brittle. So that is a definite plus!! icon_smile.gif I have a cake tomorrow which will use the icing sheet, so I'll see how that works this time. I'll keep you posted.

Am I understanding correctly that I can use these sheets with Cricut machines?

Jess0214 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 4:55pm
post #20 of 22

You can use any icing sheets in the cricut machines or any of the electric cutting machines. I use the Photofrost brand and have had very good luck. Also I saw a video of Linda McClure using the Photofrost brand on YouTube as well using a siloutte machine

lyndya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndya Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:07pm
post #21 of 22

Debbie/Icingimages, how should the sheets be stored?? I just ordered my first batch to try with my new printer. Thanks

icingimages Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 11:22pm
post #22 of 22

Lyndya: Just keep them in the zipped up bag at room temperature out of harms way

bonnieKaye: Linda used our icing sheets in that demo! She is so awesome and so eager to try new things and share the knowledge!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%