Wasc Recipe...which One Is The Best?

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 9:13pm by sillywabbitz

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 8

since joining CC i've been seeing WASC all over this site so its only right that i try the recipe to see what all the rave is about lol

well, after so some research i discovered 2 "original" WASC recipes. one includes just egg white and the other mentions 3 whole eggs.

my question is, has anyone used any version of this recipe and what were your reviews.

i would like to use this recipe tonight for a 3 tiered bridal shower cake, so i want to make the best cake possible.

7 replies
MAMAWOF4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMAWOF4 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 8

I use the 3 egg recipe - fabulous results every time. Have never used the egg white recipe, so I cannot compare. Also learned that you can change the 1-1/3 c water to another liquid. For instance, I have a wedding cake in April that is made with Raspberry Champagne - all I will do is make WASC using a sweet raspberry champagne (flat) instead of the water. Amazing results. I have made several flavors of WASC - lemon, orange, red velvet, chocolate, yellow, devils food, french vanilla (yum) and champagne to name a few. All perfect every time. Good luck

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 8

great! i was gearing toward the recipe that calls for the whole eggs because i really wouldnt know what to do with all the left over yolks lol

anybody else have any reviews on the WASC recipe?

MAMAWOF4 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 8

Just for future information - the eggbeater egg whites are just as good as cracking eggs and there are no yolks to contend with. I use them for SMBC and angel food also.

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 8

hmmm, i've never made SMBC...is the recipe on here?

MAMAWOF4 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 8

Yes and it is to die for - I have never eaten anything so silky in my entire life. Here is the one I use.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6927/very-vanilla-swiss-meringue-buttercream

One detail that seems to be omitted is after mixing in all of the butter and finally vanilla, put mixer on med/hi to hi speed and let it whip - it will go thru a stage where it looks like curdled milk, but keep whipping, when it makes a slapping sound against the bowl, it is done.

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

thanks! this recipe is totally different from using PS and butter

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 8

I actually combine the two. I like the egg white recipe because it has the extra water and oil. The "original" recipe seems a little denser to me, but I don't like hastling with the egg whites so I use the whole eggs but the other recipe. Also when you want the white white cake you should use the egg whites only. I buy the carton of egg whites and just measure them out. You can freeze the egg whites so I can buy more than I need and then I have them handy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%