How Far In Advance Can You Put Fondant On?

Decorating By myfoodiechef Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 12:19am by myfoodiechef

myfoodiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myfoodiechef Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make and decorate a cake at least 3 days before serving it. Can someone please tell me how far in advance you can apply fondant to a layer cake and not have it dry out? I am worried about the cake and the fondant on the outside. How should I store it when I am done decorating it? Thanks!!

4 replies
Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

I put the fondant on mine up to 5 days before hand at a push. Once your fondant is on, it seals the cake from the air and the cake remains moist and fresh.....I always store mine in the cardboard cake box I deliver it in, not in the fridge, just on the work top

good luck

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

Thats alot a question i had thanks Moondance... I was scared i had to decorate the cake the day before leaving me stressed...So if the day is for a saturday i can decorate and let it in a box finished from that wed or thrudays before?

holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 5

I recently had a cake due on Sunday but I was going out of town so they asked if I could do it during the week and deliver it friday before I left so I did. I had it done on Thrusday night and baked on Tues or Wed and she said she never would of known it was made ahead of time, and she knows what my cake is supposed to taste like because she is my best customer.

myfoodiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myfoodiechef Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:19am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%