Flavored Coffee Creamer In Place Of Water??

Baking By sumerae Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 2:31am by lyndim

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:02am
post #1 of 9

Making a cake, can I substitute some flavored coffee creamer in place of water? (White chocolate mocha)??

8 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:16am
post #2 of 9

Yes, but only substitute part of it. For example if you have 1 1/3 cups of water in a recipe, use 1 cup water and 1/3 cup liquid, flavored coffee creamer. Once upon a time our cake club was meeting and we were experimenting with this and we discovered (we think it's from the sugar content of the creamer) that completely substituting the water for the coffee creamer did NOT work. We had all kinds of problems (don't recall the specifics offhand, I'd have to find my notes on it) but I do remember that's the ratio we came up with. My suggestion is to make a cake and replace some of the creamer then take notes (and come back here and tell us all about it!) icon_lol.gif

sumerae Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 1:32am
post #3 of 9

Recipe only calls for 1/2 a cup of water, in chocolate, I replace with coffee but haven't tried anything other than that yet!

So maybe only a 1/4 of the 1/2?

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 1:44am
post #4 of 9

Yes, try that!

sumerae Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:11am
post #5 of 9

Thanks!! You're always so helpful!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:16am
post #6 of 9

I never thought of using creamer, will it add flavor and moistness or just flavor?

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:18am
post #7 of 9

It added extra flavor and moistness -- and density. That was one thing we didn't anticipate. Some suggested cutting the sugar and others suggested adding a touch more salt. But I think it depends on what recipe you're using because they're all different.

sumerae Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:18am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndim

I never thought of using creamer, will it add flavor and moistness or just flavor?

I dunno, I'll let you know!! I'm gonna guess flavor.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 2:31am
post #9 of 9

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%