Ckae Decorating Workshops

Decorating By TracyLouX Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 9:46pm by TracyLouX

TracyLouX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLouX Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hi

I am starting up a few cupcake decorating workshops in my local area as i have had a lot of people requesting them ....

I was just looking for some advice really , aside from being really nervouse i was wondering if you are teaching just the basics of decorating what do some of you suggest would be a good starting point ??

Rose swirls , maybe a fondant teddy or should I have a theme for each workshop ??

Thanks in advance for any help x

4 replies
Sam_paggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sam_paggers Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Tracey,

I have signed up to a course recently witha set theme to each session which personally i prefer as i can research around the technique and maybe practise prior to the lesson.... this way the lesson is aid to what i am learning rather that relying entirely on an instructor.... HTH

Out curiosity where abouts in the UK are you based?

Sam
xxx

TracyLouX Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 5

Hiya ,

Im based in Basingstoke Hampshire , but have been asked to also consider workshops in Wiltshire too , thanks for your reply icon_biggrin.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 5

I am teaching a VERY basic decorating class through our local college. My focus is how these folks can decorate without spending a lot of money on cake toys. Each student gets 2 6-inch layers and buttercream. We level, dam, stack and crumb coat. Then we play with decorating bags, learning a few basic piping techniques. I teach them how to make Duff roses and leaves from fondant, both just using a circle or biscuit cutter that they would probably have at home. We play with ribbon roses. We use pizza cutters to make stripes, cut polka dots from circle cutters. We then go back and put on our finish coat of buttercream, and use the VIVA method to smooth. Then they pipe on some borders, put on their roses and leaves or stripes or whatever.
For their fee they receive instruction, a fondant smoother, some tips, bags, and couplers, a spatula and a putty knife to smooth the sides. They leave with a finished cake and the tools to make another one on their own.

TracyLouX Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

Thankyou , thats has given me something to think about , nice and basic is what ive had requested x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%