New Job Cake?

Decorating By Sarah2418 Updated 9 Mar 2011 , 11:30am by punita123

Sarah2418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah2418 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:12am
post #1 of 4

My fiance got a new job today at a auto body/collision shop. We're so excited, and I want to make him a cake to surprise him. He loves everything about cars and trucks, and he loves Fords. The thing is I'm kind of a newbie, so I need something kind of easy. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

3 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:28am
post #2 of 4

What about the Ford logo? You could carve that out easily from a large sheet cake, and cover in blue fondant, accented with white fondant around the edges, and also use white for the lettering. You could even paint the white with silver luster dust to give it a chrome shine icon_smile.gif

cake_whisperer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_whisperer Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:29am
post #3 of 4

You could do a big tire with some awesome rims? The shape is basic and you can emboss the fondant with tread marks to make it look real icon_smile.gif ...you could even write the shop's name on the tire like where the branding for the tire would be. The rims is where you could get the wow-factor icon_biggrin.gif Hope that helps!

punita123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punita123 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 11:30am
post #4 of 4

Bob The Builder Cake is a cake you can make it easily ...........As you said He loves everything about cars and trucks.I Think your fiance will like it.

http://www.mydish.co.uk/recipe/4370/bob-the-builder-cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%