Whipped Cream Icing Questions

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 12:18am by Cealy

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hello
I got a request for a baby shower cake in Safari theme..easy enough right? Well the mommy to be wants whipped cream frosting so that posts as a concern to me.
I have not worked to much with whipped cream frosting so dont know what im capable of doing with it. I know you cant use fondant accents on it because of the moisture but not sure how detailed you could get with it.

Does anyone have any links of example photos of cakes done in Safari theme done in whipped topping?

Thanks a million in advance!!!!

4 replies
Cealy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cealy Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 5

What if you tinted the icing green coating the cake to look like grass and made fondant characters and accessories to stick in the cake on scewers? They can be put on in the last minute before delivery.

Just a suggestion...

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #3 of 5

When a customer wants a detailed cake with whipped topping, I graciously say I can torte with whipped, or doing a simple cake with whipped all over, but I just can't guarentee elaborate with whipped. I'm just not comfortable or experienced enough.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 5

I have tried the fondant and just didnt work it got slimy icon_sad.gif would candy clay work?

I do have a slight idea dont know if it would work though. Id imagine maybe candy clay would be okay though.

Cealy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cealy Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:18am
post #5 of 5

The molding chocolate or candy clay would work for the characters, I've never used it for covering a cake before!
What is your concept for the cake? It would give me a better idea of how you can use both.
C

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%