Perfume Bottle, Mascara, Eyeshadow Containers, Lipsticks,

Decorating By gumboqueen Updated 10 Mar 2011 , 7:08pm by Marianna46

gumboqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gumboqueen Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 5

items found in a lady's purse, which is best to use to model these accessories, gum paste or marzipan?

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5

I made a bunch of these for my granddaughter's birthday cake lastyear. I used gumpaste (actually fondant with about 1 tsp of CMC added for each pound of fondant) and they came out very nicely. I guess it's time to catch up on posting my photos, huh? I'm sorry I don't have it up so you can see it, but the cake was a spectacular success with all her 8-year-old friends.

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

I used fondant icon_smile.gif (black purse in photos with makeup) if you'd like to see
I Made a them a few days before so they would dry, I would have used gumpaste or even a 1/2 fondant 1/2 gumpaste mix.. just didn't have any on hand..

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 5

I just used plain old marshmallow fondant as I did with this cake.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1967052

Hope that helps!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 5

I have to tell you, by the way, that this is probably the cake I've had the most fun with, because my granddaughter was watching over me most of the time. It was so much fun that I kept making up stuff to put on the cake, and she even contributed with a gumpaste emery board. Hope you enjoy doing yours as much as I did!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%