Easiest Premade Fondant To Work With?

Decorating By creationsbylisa Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 7:06pm by VanillaCoke

creationsbylisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creationsbylisa Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

I know it's personal preference, but I'm looking for a good recomendation of a premade fondant to purchase. I've used Wilton and Satin Ice and I've made my own. I prefer Wilton over Satin Ice as the one time I used SI it was so soft that it stretched and tore, etc. I had all kinds of problems with it.
Is that normal?
Wilton is ok, but too stiff no matter what I do. Is there a good one in the middle?

4 replies
jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 5

You could always mix the two?? I prefer fondarific but its a little pricey. I tend to mix 50/50 fondarific and satin ice. I think satin ice drys too fast and gives elephant skin, but when you mix the two its great! My up! cake had a 50/50 mixture fondarific/satin ice and my black and white cake was all fondarific.
Happy cakeing!

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 5

I also use Fondarific. It is great!

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 5

I use Fondex... but if you think SI is soft then you might have troubles with it. I like it because it doesn't dry out as fast as SI and you don't get that elephant skin as quickly. I think Fondariffic is too strongly flavored. I like fondant to just be sweet and meld in with the rest of the flavors.

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 5

I make my own, but I tried a batch of Duff's once, and it was pretty good and easy to work with. Not sure who makes it, tho.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%