Baking/caking Questions In Lobby?

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm by cabecakes

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 5

Is it me or are more and more baking/cake questions turning up in the lobby lately? I thought this was the one part of the board that was for everything but baking/cake questions? Was I wrong?

4 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Is it me or are more and more baking/cake questions turning up in the lobby lately? I thought this was the one part of the board that was for everything but baking/cake questions? Was I wrong?

I don't think you're wrong. I come here to read about the off-topic stuff. Then again, there are more and more people commenting on the off-topic posts (and often in snarky and snide tones) telling people that this is a Cake forum and to stop posting about non-cake stuff. icon_wink.gif

I think the cranky-fairies are at work again and need to just lay off. lol

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 5

I have no problem with off topic posts. Sometimes those end up the best.

But I just noticed it seems that posts are getting moved in here, that are about cake stuff, recipe questions or how do I bake a large cake stuff?

Not a big deal, I was just curious, if I missed a memo or something.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I have no problem with off topic posts. Sometimes those end up the best.

But I just noticed it seems that posts are getting moved in here, that are about cake stuff, recipe questions or how do I bake a large cake stuff?

Not a big deal, I was just curious, if I missed a memo or something.

I hadn't seen a notice or anything, but I do agree. I just think that many of the posts that are ending up here would be, IMO, better off in the General forum.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 5

I noticed this as well. I also noticed that you can't bring up older posts in the search section. I think there are a lot of new member though, and that could explain why stuff is getting put in the wrong places. Maybe the CC newbies just don't realize the Lounge is not for talking cake. Maybe they don't realize that the General forum is for the off topic cake questions. If so, they will figure it out as they go along. But you are right, TexasSugar, there have been a lot lately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%